Preserving procedure is suggested to be done in mild weather conditions like in spring or autumn (not in extreme heat or freezing) and the duration should be once or twice per year, depending on the weather at the time of each place (sun, rain, snow etc)
In the maintenance kit, you will find a small bottle of oil (for the mechanic parts of the frame) a 500ml cleaner – 1st hand/use (for the wooden surface) and a bottle of 500ml emulsion – 2nd hand/use (for wooden surface)
For the wooden Surface/ Wood
• We apply the cleanser 500ml – 1st hand/apply. We clean the wooden surface out of dust and dirt with a cloth. Do not use sponge, paintbrush or any other harsh object to apply the oil.
• After clearing, we apply the emulsion 500ml – 2nd apply like the first one in the exact same way (cloth).
NOTE : The coating application should be applied on the external part of the frame or on the surface which is exposed in the weather conditions. It is preferable to wait until dry, before you move to the next procedure.
For the frames’ mechanic parts
• With a small bottle (oil) we spray every movable component of the mechanism (see the maintenance kit form)
• We check every bolt in order not to be loose.
• To clean, we use neutral cleaners.
• Do not use harsh materials on the mechanism’s surface out of fear of oxidation and erosion of the metal
Hinges (shutters mechanisms)
• The same procedures are suggested
• In case the house is uninhabited for a long time we suggest after cleansing with water and plain soap, spray the hinges with a silicon spray (available in shops)
All the above can be carried out both by the owner and by an expertise of our company.